CALS offers research support for students completing undergraduate research projects. Students can receive $3,000 in financial support and the faculty/staff research advisor can receive $1,000 to help offset research costs such as supplies, student travel related to the project, etc. If the $1,000 is not needed to support the student’s research, the research mentor can decline the money. In this case, the financial support would be used to offer additional awards to students.
To be eligible, students must be undergraduates pursuing a degree from CALS and must be working on a research project under the guidance of a UW–Madison faculty or staff primary investigator. Students who are offered, and accept, this award will be required to present their research at the CALS Undergraduate Research Symposium.
Applying for the CALS Research Award can be done in a few easy steps:
- Use this link to access the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub known as WiSH
- Click the red “Sign In” button at the top of the screen to sign in with your NetID and Password
- Complete the “General Application” filter questions
- On the left hand side of your screen, click on “Other Recommended Opportunities”
- Find the “CALS Research Award” in your list and click the red “Apply” button
- Follow the directions to complete all sections of the application, then click the red “Finish and Submit” button
The deadline to apply for the CALS Research Award is Sunday, March 22nd at 11:59:59 pm.