It’s that time of year again when you can nominate your outstanding colleagues for recognition via the annual CALS Awards program. Please see the below links to download information about the 2020 CALS faculty, academic staff and university staff awards. The nomination deadline for all awards is Friday, February 14, 2020. Awards will be presented in the Ebling Auditorium of the Microbial Sciences Building on Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 3 p.m.
This will be the first year the Louise Hemstead Leadership Award is open to faculty or academic staff. The award was established by Organic Valley in honor of the late Louise Hemstead, Meat and Animal Science BS’82, who served as the chief operating officer for Organic Valley for nearly 25 years.
Awards for faculty:
- Pound Extension Award
- Pound Research Award
- Robert G.F. and Hazel Spitze Land Grant Faculty Award for Excellence
Awards for either faculty or academic staff:
- Arthur J. and Ellen A. Maurer Extra Mile Award (Note: Candidates for this award must be nominated by a student)
- J.S. Donald Short Course Teaching Award
- Louise Hemstead Leadership Award
- Spitzer Excellence in Teaching Award
- WALSAA Outstanding Advisor Award
Awards for faculty, academic or university staff, or students:
Awards for academic staff:
Awards for university staff:
Previous winners of CALS Awards can be found here.
Remember, nominations are due Friday, February 14, 2020. If you have general questions, please contact Therese McHenry at email@example.com, but for award-specific questions, please see the call for nominations for each award’s contact person.