Early-career faculty teaching undergraduate courses are encouraged to apply for the next cohort of faculty fellows in the Madison Teaching and Learning Excellence (MTLE) program. Applications for Fall 2018 will be accepted through May 15, 2018. Apply here.
The goal is to help early-career faculty become a fast, efficient, effective and satisfied starter in teaching.
What can MTLE do for early-career faculty?
- Help them design a learner-centered course
- Help them become a more engaging and impactful educator
- Provide expert support in the design and implementation of instructional materials and activities
- Connect them with a network of teaching and learning experts across campus
- Welcome them into a small (8-10 faculty), supportive cohort of early-career faculty peers
Through this program, fellows consistently report greater satisfaction and impact with their teaching, resulting in an efficiency that affords them more time for research, outreach, and service. In addition, Fellows gather evidence about teaching success to use in their tenure dossiers.
Learn what some MTLE Fellows have to say about their experience in the program in this short video: