Upcoming TSA workshops

FINANCIAL/ESTATE PLANNING WORKSHOP, Union South – check “Today in the Union”
Thursday, October 1, 2015, 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.

Professor Howard Erlanger, UW-Madison Law School, provides an overview of financial/estate planning. This informative workshop is intended for employees of all ages – including younger employees who have children. It will address questions you may or may not have thought to ask yourself, including:

• What do I own?
  • What is the effect of living in a “community property” state, like Wisconsin?
  • Is it true that some – maybe much — of my property is not governed by my will?
  • Why do I need to “coordinate” my estate plan?
  • What is a trust and why should I use a trust for my children under 25?
  • What about taxes?

The session is scheduled for one hour, but Professor Erlanger will remain at the site for an extended period after the presentation to answer questions.

To register, email Professor Erlanger has prepared a 25 page summary of his talk.  Registered participants will receive a digital copy prior to the session.

TSA 403(b) BASICS WORKSHOP, 21 North Park Street, room 5045
Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.

This workshop is especially intended for new investors and for those not yet in the TSA Program, but those with established accounts will find it beneficial as well. The workshop will help you understand the basics of investing and what to look for when you choose your investments. A Roth 403(b) option is available. There will be time for questions. Campus bus #80 stops at Dayton and Park Streets; #82 stops at Regent and Park Streets. Please go to the UW-Madison TSA Basics webpage to register.

This entry was posted in Workplace by Bookmark the permalink.