Need some help with your home garden? Stop by the Urban Horticulture Field Day at the University Display Gardens at CALS’ West Madison Agricultural Research Station this coming Saturday, Aug. 9 between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
This year the Display Gardens include nearly 400 cultivars of annual and perennial flowers and around 130 vegetable cultivars. Visitors are welcome to stroll through the gardens and tour the collection. There will also be samples of fresh produce to taste, booklets for kids, pollinator exhibits and large farm equipment on display.
CALS and UW-Extension experts will be on hand who can answer questions about insects, plant diseases and many other garden-related topics. They include:
- Jim Nienhuis, vegetable expert
- Brian Hudelson, director of the UW Plant Disease Diagnostics Clinic
- Scott Craven, wildlife expert
- Julie Dawson, urban and regional food systems specialist
- Dick Wiedman, grape expert
- P.J. Leisch, director of the UW Insect Diagnostic Lab
- Pollinator experts from USDA-ARS
- Master gardeners and West Madison ARS garden staff
West Madison ARS is located approximately 0.5 miles west of the Highway 12/14 Beltline at 8502 Mineral Point Road, Verona, WI 53593.Highlights by Nicole. Bookmark the permalink.