Remember: This week is CALS Week, and CALS faculty and staff are encouraged to get involved! Organized by the CALS Student Association, CALS Week runs from April 21-27 this year and features a series of events designed to bring the CALS community together to enjoy spring and to celebrate our great college.
Faculty and staff are particularly encouraged to attend/participate in:
- CALS Week Food Drive, April 21 – 25. Drop off non-perishable food items at marked locations in Ag Hall, Animal Sciences, Biochemistry and Steenbock Library.
- CALS Undergraduate Research Symposium, April 22. Around 40 CALS undergraduate students will present their research projects between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 22 at the Microbial Sciences Building. Download this flyer for details, including the schedule of events and the names of the CALS student presenters.
- Ag Day on Campus, April 23. Grab breakfast or lunch at the University Club, which has teamed up with the UW-Madison’s Collegiate Farm Bureau to put together a special Ag Day-inspired menu featuring lots of locally-grown ingredients. On your way to or from, be sure to say hello to our Collegiate Farm Bureau students, who will be serving free samples of yummy local foods to students and other passers-by on Library Mall.
- 19th annual Breakfast on the Farm (BOTF), April 27. Enjoy a warm and hearty farm breakfast cooked by members of the Association for Women in Agriculture—as well as a petting zoo, educational activities and a visit from Bucky Badger—at the UW Stock Pavilion. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for senior citizens (65+), $5 for students (K-UW), $3 for children ages 5 and under. Get a dollar off admission if you bring three canned food items to donate to the Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin.
- Dairy Dash, April 27. Before digging in at Breakfast on the Farm, participate in AGR – Iota’s inaugural Dairy Dash, a fun, farm-themed run to benefit the Brain Injury Association of America. Come dressed as a farmer—or a cow—if you feel like it!