NOW HIRING 2013-2014 WARF Ambassadors. Application Deadline: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2013
The Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) Ambassador Program enhances the vital connection between research on campus and technology transfer. Engaging students to serve as WARF Ambassadors augments WARF’s visibility and presence among researchers on campus.
For the 2013-14 academic year, WARF is seeking up to 15 graduate students or post-docs to assist with the following key objectives:
- Aid in the development, planning, and execution of the annual WARF Discovery Challenge
- Increase understanding and awareness of WARF’s role across campus
- Help WARF become more proactive in anticipating and identifying innovative research
- Enhance WARF’s engagement in the scientific enterprise on campus
Qualified applicants will be students who:
- Are graduate students or post-docs in scientific or technical disciplines
- Have substantially completed their coursework, ideally having achieved dissertator status or equivalent
- Obtain approval from their supervisor or major professor to participate in the program
- Are able to commit between 5-10 hours/month to the program
- Are able to participate in the 10 hour student ambassador training (to be held during the week of October 14, 2013)
Particularly strong applicants are energetic, effective at networking with students, faculty and staff on campus and have an interest in the process of moving discoveries from early concept to the marketplace. Learn more about the current WARF Ambassadors.
WARF Ambassadors will receive a monthly stipend for each month of active service as well as semester-end bonuses in the form of travel allowances related to their graduate studies/post-doctoral work.
Apply online at the WARF Career Portal. Click on “view all open job positions” and once an online profile has been created, you will receive a survey application to complete. This survey application must be completed no later than September 20, 2013. Interviews will be conducted the following week with Ambassadors expected to participate in the training program beginning Monday, October 14, 2013.This entry was posted in Funding Opportunities, Student opportunities by . Bookmark the permalink.