The following fringe benefit rates will become effective July 1, 2013 for UW-Madison and UW-Extension, and will be used when charging the employer’s contribution to fringe benefits on all new and on-going extramural projects.
- Regular Faculty and Academic Staff — 34.5 percent
- Regular Classified and UW Extension Permanent Staff — 47.4 percent
- Research Assistants, Project Assistants, Teaching Assistants, Pre-Doc
- Fellows and/or Trainees — 24.2 percent
- Research Associates and Grad Interns — 23.8 percent
- Post-Doc Fellows and/or Trainees — 14.5 percent
- Limited Term Employees (LTE’s) — 14.2 percent
- Ad Hoc Program Specialists, Undergraduate Assistants and Undergraduate Interns — 6.0 percent
- Student Hourly Employees — 4.1 percen
Rates are based on the actual costs of benefits paid during the fiscal year July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012. The decreases in the rates are attributable to a decrease in the University’s contributions for health insurance and retirement costs. The 2011 Wisconsin Act 10 (Budget Repair Bill) and 2011 Wisconsin Act 32 (Biennial Budget Bill) increased employee contributions for these costs effective July 1, 2011.
The specific components for each rate are detailed in a schedule that has been published at:https://www.rsp.wisc.edu/chap4/rn/rn13-2t.html
We appreciate your assistance in assuring that all projects with an anticipated beginning date of July 1, 2013 or later utilize the above rates.This entry was posted in Business Services & Payroll, Protocols & Compliance by . Bookmark the permalink.