This year an academic staff member must be elected for the Academic Planning Council (vice-Theis). Selection of a replacement for the vice-Silva position, a nominated position from CASI, will be held in the fall.
The Academic Planning Council plays a crucial role in the College and advises the Dean of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences on:
- Development of strategic- and long-range plans;
- College program reviews and future development or contraction of academic programs;
- Factors relevant to the capacity of the College to fulfill its mission;
- Budgetary planning and resource allocation;
- Policies related to responsibilities of the Departments, Centers, and Institutes in the College for instruction, research, and public service; and
- Goals of the University’s affirmative action programs.
Please confirm the willingness of nominees to serve if elected before nominating.
Terms on the APC are for three years and the Dean or her designee serves as chair of the Committee.
The nomination form is at http://www.cals.wisc.edu/apc/elections.html. Completed forms should be signed and returned to Janis Simons in 140 Agricultural Hall by Monday, April 30, 2012.This entry was posted in Calls to nominate by . Bookmark the permalink.