This year Academic Planning Council members from the Food and Nutrition (vice Sunde) and Extension (vice Undersander) divisions must be elected. The procedure calls for nominations to be made by voting members within the same represented division.
Nominations for the Food and Nutrition representative may be made by CALS faculty in the Departments of Food Science and Nutritional Science.
Nominations for the Extension representative may be made by CALS faculty with greater than 50% appointment in Extension.
Please confirm the willingness of nominees to serve if elected before nominating.
The Academic Planning Council plays a crucial role in the College and advises the Dean of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences on:
- Development of strategic- and long-range plans;
- College program reviews and future development or contraction of academic programs;
- Factors relevant to the capacity of the College to fulfill its mission;
- Budgetary planning and resource allocation;
- Policies related to responsibilities of the Departments, Centers, and Institutes in the College for instruction, research, and public service; and
- Goals of the University’s affirmative action programs.
Terms on the APC are for three years and the Dean or his/her designee serves as chair of the Committee.
The nomination forms for each district are at http://www.cals.wisc.edu/apc/elections.html. Completed forms should be signed and returned to Janis Simons in 140 Agricultural Hall by Monday, April 30, 2012.This entry was posted in Calls to nominate by . Bookmark the permalink.