Spring is in the air, and so is dust and the sound of heavy machinery on multiple road construction sites in the CALS vicinity.
Check for current status on the following campus roadwork projects at this page on the Facilities Planning and Management website.
- Closure of both directions of traffic on Charter St. between Observatory Dr. and Linden Dr
- Partial closure of Observatory Dr. from Park St. to the driveway into Soil Science
- Partial closure of Lake St. from University Ave. to Lake Mendota Ct
- Partial closure of (old) University Ave. from Walnut St. to Breese Ter.
- Sidewalk closures on Henry Mall (biochemistry construction), School of Human Ecology,. and the Wisconsin Energy Institute (old Health Services site on Univ. Ave).
Status on City of Madison roadwork is available at the city transportation department website. At that site you’ll find details on the University Ave. work mention above, and also on the project at the intersection of Regent St., Monroe St. and Breese Terrace. Work there is scheduled May 16 – June 4. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction on Regent St for the duration.This entry was posted in Around CALS by . Bookmark the permalink.