UW–Madison Smart Restart: For information about fall semester instruction and campus operations, please visit smartrestart.wisc.edu. For COVID-19 news updates, see covid19.wisc.edu.

Save the Date- A Celebration of Leadership- Sandy Wilcox retires

Dear Friends,

On Wednesday, October 13, I will host a celebration in honor of Sandy Wilcox and his extraordinary service to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Sandy will formally retire from the UW Foundation at the end of this year, but his last day as president is October 15.

Our campus would not be what it is today without Sandy’s leadership and the hard work of his team. I consider it very important that we take the time to celebrate his legacy, as a university. I ask that you mark the date on your calendars and take part in this event. I also ask that you make your faculty, staff and students aware of the event and encourage them to attend. It will be important to have a crowd! For students, in particular, you may want to explain the significance of the Foundation and of Sandy’s contributions over the past twenty+ years. It is not important that they know Sandy; it is important that everyone understand how much we owe him and the Foundation for everything from scholarships, professorships, classrooms, buildings, athletics/recreational facilities, and more.

A Celebration of Leadership–Sandy Wilcox retires
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
4:00-6:00pm
Porter Boathouse, along Lake Mendota

More information will follow, though I ask that you mark your calendars now.

Thank you,
Biddy