The CALS Dean’s Office is seeking a graduate student to provide project-related support to Extension and Outreach programs. This individual will work independently while taking direction from John Shutske, Associate Dean for Extension and Outreach. The individual will also maintain liaison relationships with Assistant Dean Tom Browne (Undergraduate Programs and Services) and staff in Cooperative Extension.
This is an academic (9-month) appointment at 50 percent time. Applicable benefits associated with this position will be discussed further with qualified applicants.
Qualified applicants will possess:
1. Experience working in public sector setting in areas that have involved relationship building, administration, project management, dealing with complex issues and relationships, and working with underserved communities.
2. Experience in budget, project planning, and management at an organizational level.
3. Excellent experience in technology deployment including platforms which include WordPress, FaceBook, and Twitter, as well as experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data/information into patterns that can be used for decision making.
4. Direct experience working with underserved audiences and in underserved areas
of Wisconsin including the state’s tribal communities on issues pertinent to UW-Extension and CALS.
5. Excellent organizational and communication skills, and an ability to work independently and remain focused and on task.
1. Support a broad range of programmatic and administrative activities and projects in support of Extension and Outreach throughout CALS.
2. Work directly on Extension and Outreach activities that serve the needs of underserved communities. This will include investigating and helping to set up student learning and engagement opportunities for CALS students in various areas of the state in very close cooperation with Assistant Dean Tome Browne and others.
3. Facilitate efforts to connect CALS (faculty, staff and students), Cooperative Extension, and other outreach efforts programs in effective and meaningful ways to various Tribal Communities entities in the state.
Desired begin date: September 13, 2010
Application deadline: September 8, 2010
Interested individuals should submit by email a letter of application, resume, and a list of three references to: Bonnie Jaedike email@example.com
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1450 Linden Drive, 240 Agricultural Hall, Madison, WI 53706 608-262-1445This entry was posted in Position openings, Workplace by gldavison. Bookmark the permalink.