The European Science Foundation and US National Science Foundation will host the Women’s International Research Engineering Summit (WIRES) tin Barcelona, Spain, June 2-4, 2009. Do you do research in one of the following areas, or know women who do?
- Simulation based engineering
- Nano/micro technology
- Energy systems
We are looking for women researchers who are interested in pursuing international collaborative researching opportunities in these research areas to attend the upcoming first annual WIRES international summit <http://www.wires.gatech.edu/> . The main objective of this summit is to enable meaningful and sustainable research exchanges between female engineers from around the world while identifying issues faced by females pursuing careers in engineering that could benefit from a global strategy.
The summit site will be the Hewlett Packard Research and Development Center in Barcelona, Spain. Because of the foundation and corporate support, there will be no conference fee charged for academic women engineers who are chosen to attend the summit. If you are a female engineering researcher and are interested in attending the summit or want more details, I encourage you to apply at our web site: www.wires.gatech.edu.
Some of the goals of WIRES are to:
- Provide an opportunity to create personal, sustainable relationships among female engineers that will lead to collaborative research efforts.
- Identify common issues and provide a clear, visible pathway for females to pursue international collaborations.
- Identify methods of securing funding for international collaborations from federal agencies, international sources, the private sector, foundations, etc.
- Generate a database of female faculty who are interested in conducting international research.
International Engineering Studies & Programs