Next year marks the 18th year of the UW-Madison Academic Staff Excellence Awards. These awards will honor nine for achievement in seven categories. In addition, UW-System will honor academic staff in two categories. Recipients of the UW-Madison Academic Staff Excellence Awards will be named in March and honored both at the May Academic Staff Assembly meeting and a reception hosted by Chancellor Martin in late spring.
Nomination guidelines and cover pages for all awards can be found at http://acstaff.wisc.edu/awards.html. Nomination packets for all awards (including UW-System and Regents awards) should be sent to the Office of the Secretary of the Academic Staff, 270 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive.
Deadlines as shown below are firm. Follow the submission instructions for each separate award carefully. If you have questions regarding the awards, please contact Colleen McCabe at 263-2985, or email at email@example.com.
UW-Madison Awards Deadline: January 30, 2009
- Chancellor’s Hilldale Award for Excellence in Teaching $5,000
- Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Research (two awards) $2,500
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Service to the University $2,500
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Awards for Excellence in Leadership (two awards) $2,500
- Robert Heideman Award for Excellence in Public Service and Outreach $2,500
- Martha Casey Award for Dedication to Excellence $2,500
- Ann Wallace Career Achievement Award $2,500
UW-System Awards (submissions in electronic form only) Deadline: January 30, 2009
- Academic Staff Regents Award for Excellence $5,000
- Alliant Energy Underkofler Excellence in Teaching Award $5,000