U.S. AID is seeking concept papers on ideas for partnerships to advance forest and related conservation goals. The deadline for submissions is August 15. For more information, download the Call for Concept Papers.
According to the solicitation announcement, the agency is seeking creative and innovative ideas that:
- have regional or global impact, or benefit that can be applied globally
- address a critical threat or challenge to the world’s forests and their management by diverse stakeholders
- provide cases or lessons to inform the global agenda on forests and related biodiversity issues in the context of global trade and/or climate change issues.
- are relevant to USAID’s overall goals to alleviate poverty and conflict, and to achieve broad-based economic growth
- consider market- based solutions to forest conservation and sustainable management challenges
- meet USAID criteria for biodiversity programming.