CALS Faculty and Staff are cordially invited to the annual Agricultural Research Stations’ Recognition Awards Reception and Dinner, on Thursday, January 10 at Gray’s Tied House, American Bonfire Grill and Brewery in Verona. The reception, with appetizers and a cash bar, begins at 5 p.m. Award presentations follow at 6 p.m.
A separate eCALS article describes the accomplishments of this year’s awardees:
- Craig Grau, Plant Pathology
- Meghan Owens, CALS Human Resources
- Darwin Frye, Arlington Agricultural Research Stations
If you will be joining us for dinner you will need to pre-select your entree. You may pre-pay by check or cash at the ARS office, or pay that evening. Spouses are welcome. To make your reservation and meal selection, please contact Phil Dunigan at 262-2969 or Jean Bruhn 262-0744, or reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Gray’s Skillet Chicken (topped with spinach, prosciutto, red wine sauce, asiago and parmesan cheeses) $16.00
- Half-Rack BBQ Ribs (slow roasted and sauced up with Gray’s special sauce) $17.00
- Gray’s Tied-House Pasta (three cheese ravioli with spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, red onions and artichokes in a sun-dried tomato sauce) $12.00
- Shrimp Diablo (sautéed shrimp, mixed vegetables and spicy tomato cream sauce blended to perfection. Ask for tame or flame, the hotter the better!) $17.00
Note to basketball fans: Gray’s Tied House has large flat screen TV’s in the bar and restaurant areas. You are welcome to stay after dinner and enjoy the Wisconsin-Illinois game.
* Gray’s Tied House is located on the corner of Whalen Road and Kimball Lane in Verona, WI. From Madison take Verona Road (US 151) south to exit #79, Hwy CR-PB/CR-M. Turn right onto Old CR-PB. Turn left onto Whalen Road. Turn left onto Kimball Lane. Whalen Road also intersects Hwy M if you are coming from Verona. More detailed directions are available at www.graystiedhouse.com
Phil Dunigan, Agricultural Research Stations