Proposals are being sought for Cluster Hiring Initiative Enhancement Grants of up to $50,000 for two years. The grants are designed to enhance cluster infrastructure development through partial support for staff and students to help coordinate cluster activities, and for programmatic supplies and expenses. Proposals are due to Dean Jahn’s office and the Provost’s Office by February 15, 2008. The final decision on the allocation of these funds will be made by April 18, 2008, and funds will be available after July 1, 2008.
Only one funding proposal per cluster will be accepted. The proposal should not exceed three double-spaced pages. Proposals must include:
- An abstract paragraph (single space) summarizing the proposed activities; number of years and annual budget requested; and percent and type of positions requested
- A description of current and planned cluster activities
- A description of the proposed use of the funds
- A budget for planned expenditures
- The number of faculty positions authorized and the names, ranks and departments of currently hired faculty (provide an update if there is a search in process).
An email and a hard copy of each proposal should be submitted by February 15, 2008, to:
- Peyton Smith, assistant vice chancellor, Room 117 Bascom Hall (email@example.com)
- The Lead Dean of the cluster
- Other involved Deans
For more information contact Peyton Smith at (608) 262-8214 or firstname.lastname@example.org