From Chancellor Wiley — I am pleased to announce the 17th year of the UW-Madison Academic Staff Excellence Awards. This year, we will honor nine extraordinary people for achievement in seven categories. In addition, UW System will honor academic staff in three categories. Recipients of the UW-Madison Academic Staff Excellence Awards will be named in March, and honored both at the May Academic Staff Assembly meeting and at a reception that I host in late spring.
We are most grateful to the Wisconsin Alumni Association and to emeritus academic staff members Robert Heideman, Martha Casey, and Ann Wallace for their continued sponsorship of these awards. I would also like to thank the Academic Staff Assembly’s Professional Development and Recognition Committee for coordinating the awards process.
I strongly urge you to participate in these fine programs by forwarding nominations for those academic staff who exemplify the sustained excellence, outstanding achievement, and creative initiative that characterizes this world-renowned university. Nomination guidelines and cover pages for all awards may be found at http://acstaff.wisc.edu/awards. Nomination packets for all awards (including UW System and Regent awards) should be sent to the Office of the Secretary of the Academic Staff, 270 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive.
Deadlines as shown below are firm. Follow the submission instructions for each separate award carefully. If you have questions regarding the awards, please contact Colleen McCabe at 263-2985 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW-Madison Awards Deadline: February 1, 2008
- Chancellor’s Hilldale Award for Excellence in Teaching $5,000
- Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Research (two awards) $2,500
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Service to the University $2,500
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Awards for Excellence in Leadership (two awards) $2,500
- Robert Heideman Award for Excellence in Public Service and Outreach $2,500
- Martha Casey Award for Dedicated Service to the University $2,500
- Ann Wallace Career Achievement Award $2,500
UW-System Awards (submissions only in electronic form) Deadline: February 1, 2008
- Academic Staff Regents Award for Excellence $5,000
- Alliant Energy Underkofler Excellence in Teaching Award $5,000
UW-System Awards (submissions only in electronic form) Deadline: March 1, 2008
- Regents Teaching Excellence Award $5,000
John D. Wiley, ChancellorThis entry was posted in Calls to nominate by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.