Starting this Thursday, March 1, the Office of Admissions will open the Summer Course Equivalency Service for enrolled students who plan to complete summer course work at another institution. This is an optional service that provides information on how course work will transfer back to UW-Madison. Students may access, complete, and print the Course Equivalency Form online at:
Or, they may pick up a form at the Office of Admissions (Red Gym, 3rd Floor). All forms and other required materials (listed below) must be hand-delivered to the Office of Admissions.
Here are the primary details of the service:
1. Start date to submit requests: March 1
2. Deadline to submit requests: May 15
3. Completed requests will include:
- Course Equivalency Form
- Description(s) of the course(s), as well as of other courses from the department (to check for prerequisites, level, etc)
- A self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope
4. Our office will equate a maximum of four courses per student for the summer term.
5. UW System or Wisconsin Technical College System courses below the 300-level will not be reviewed, as students can access the Transfer Information System (www.uwsa.edu/tis) for this information.
6. Our office will respond in writing in three weeks.