The Dairy Business Innovation Alliance (DBIA) is seeking research proposals that propose new approaches to converting dairy by-products into value-added alternatives that have the potential to be commercially viable.
- Available funding of a maximum of $80,000/year for up to 3 years of research
- Proposals must be submitted by UW-System Faculty & Staff with PI status
- Co-PIs from another academic institution within the 11-state DBIA region are allowed (see the full list of DBIA states below)
- Projects must include both research and development activities
- Application deadline is October 31st
The DBIA is a partnership between the Center for Dairy Research (CDR) and the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA) and is funded by a USDA award intended to drive dairy business innovation and make the industry more robust against the various challenges it has been facing over the last number of years. The DBIA region includes Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
As part of this USDA award, the DBIA will fund research projects that focus on developing opportunities for converting dairy coproduct streams into commercially feasible, value-added products.
For More Information: