The CALS Wellness Committee has coordinated with the Red Cross to host a blood drive on Thursday, Dec. 8, from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., located in the Agricultural Engineering Building. To sign up to donate blood, visit the Red Cross website and use sponsor code UWCALS.
If you wish to volunteer during the blood drive, please reach out to Kristin Carroll at email@example.com. Volunteers will be needed for unloading the truck, working the registration table, managing the canteen, end of day clean-up, and providing baked goods.
The Donation Process (around 1 hour total):
Step 1: Registration
Step 2: Health history and mini physical
Step 3: Donation (the actual process of donating blood takes 7-10 minutes)
Step 4: Refreshments
Before you give:
- Get a good night of sleep
- Have a good breakfast or lunch
- Drink extra water and fluids (avoid tea, coffee, and caffeinated beverages)
- Eat iron-rich foods (red meat, fish, poultry, beans, broccoli, spinach, raisins, prunes, iron fortified cereal)
- Avoid fatty foods (like hamburgers, fries, or ice cream)