Proposals are due May 2 – Don’t forget to apply for the UW-Madison or collaborative graduate student assistantship calls for proposals.
The Dairy Innovation Hub, which launched in 2019, is a $7.8 million per year investment by the State of Wisconsin to build a world-class talent pool and enable bold discoveries to ensure that Wisconsin’s dairy community is at the global forefront in producing nutritious dairy products in an economically, environmentally, and socially sustainable manner.
This RFP seeks proposals that will fund graduate student assistantships for graduate students to work on innovative and impactful dairy-related research that will fit within one of the four priority areas of the Hub.
Recruiting, developing, and retaining top talent is a major focus of the Hub. In under three years, the Hub is already attracting the best and brightest prospective graduate students and has increased graduate training capacity at UW-Madison.
The work of the Dairy Innovation Hub focuses on four priority areas (visit https://dairyinnovationhub.wisc.edu/ for more information):
- Steward Land and Water Resources
- Enrich Human Health and Nutrition
- Ensure Animal health and Welfare
- Grow Farm Businesses and Communities
Proposals are due by Monday, May 2, 2022 and award decisions will be made by August 15, 2022. Funding will be available for summer or fall 2023 graduate student start dates.
This RFP contains two opportunities for graduate student assistantships:
1. Graduate student assistantships in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) beginning summer or fall of 2023 and continuing for two years.
2. Collaboratively mentored graduate student assistantships between UW-Madison and UW-River Falls and/or UW-Platteville beginning summer or fall of 2023 and continuing for two years. This call is intended to fund an undergraduate student from UW-Platteville or UW-River Falls to attend graduate school at UW-Madison in a project where they will be co-mentored by a PI from their home institution and a PI at Madison.
Questions? Contact Maria Woldt at firstname.lastname@example.org