The Dairy Innovation Hub will hold two dynamic events, Nov. 17-18, to highlight newly funded projects and share results from initial project funding.
In just two years, this unique initiative has funded more than 100 research and outreach projects across three campuses and four priority areas.
The virtual Dairy Summit on Nov. 17 will feature the Hub’s newest projects and is formatted for a general audience. The Dairy Symposium on Nov. 18 is geared toward students, faculty or anyone looking for a deeper dive into the Hub’s most advanced stage research. The Symposium is fully hybrid with in-person and virtual options. Both events are free and open to the public. Pre-registration is required.
Dairy Summit Agenda – Nov. 17
• 10 am – Welcome/overview
• 10:30 am – 12:30 pm – Priority area research presentations
• 12:30 pm – New faculty round table
• 1:30 pm – Farmer panel discussion
• 2:15 pm – CALS dairy research facilities virtual tour
• 3:00 pm – Closing comments and adjourn
Register for Dairy Summit at https://dairyinnovationhub.wisc.edu/dairy-summit/
Dairy Symposium Agenda – Nov. 18, Union South, UW-Madison
• 8 am – Registration and continental breakfast, poster session
• 9 am – Opening plenary – Randy Jackson, UW-Madison, NetZero Initiative
• 10 am – 3 pm – ongoing poster session
• 10 am – Priority area track sessions
• 12 pm – Lunch
• 1 pm – Priority area track sessions
• 3 pm – Closing plenary – Denise Ney, UW-Madison, Nutritional Sciences
• 4 pm – Adjourn
Register for Dairy Symposium at https://dairyinnovationhub.wisc.edu/dairy-symposium/
The Dairy Innovation Hub, which launched in 2019, harnesses research and development at UW–Madison, UW–Platteville and UW–River Falls campuses to keep Wisconsin’s dairy community at the global forefront in producing nutritious dairy products in an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable manner. It is supported by a $7.8 million annual investment by the State of Wisconsin.