Effective July 18th, 2021, UW System moved employees on the monthly payroll schedule to the biweekly payroll schedule.
The first change you will experience, as part of the move to the biweekly payroll, is receiving a partial monthly paycheck on July 30 for time worked July 1 – July 17.
Then, on August 12, you will receive their first biweekly paycheck for time worked July 18 – July 31.
The Single Payroll resources web page includes frequently asked questions, budget planning information, 2021 payroll schedules and other helpful resources.
- Update Contributions and Withholdings
- With the biweekly paycheck schedule, you will receive 26 paychecks a year instead of 12. For certain contributions and withholdings (for example, TSA, WDC, tax withholding), with the payroll change your contributions and withholdings could be more than you intended (potentially doubled). To avoid having more deducted than you intended, review this resource to help you recalculate and take action to change the amount deducted from each paycheck.
- Pay Date Models
- Pay Date Models allow you to enter your annual salary to calculate the gross earnings by pay date.
- Paycheck Estimator
- This tool is designed to provide financial planning assistance associated with the schedule change.
- 2021 Payroll Schedules
- This resource provides you with the new biweekly payroll schedule.
- Slides and videos from previously held Single Payroll Town Hall Meetings are available on the Single Payroll resources web page