Search begins for a chief diversity officer for the college
Dean Kate VandenBosch has posted the position vacancy listing for the college’s inaugural chief diversity officer. Resulting from recommendations from the college’s Equity and Diversity Committee (EDC), the position will report directly to Dean VandenBosch.
The chief diversity officer will lead the college’s new Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and related strategic initiatives. Activities could include those that contribute to the recruitment, retention, and success of underrepresented students, staff, and faculty; in addition to enhancing inclusive teaching practices; supporting research excellence that reflects and values our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and serving as a resource for students, student organizations, staff and faculty.
Laura Hernandez, associate professor in the department of animal and dairy sciences, will chair the search committee of 11 members with diverse backgrounds and expertise.
Applications for the full-time administrative position are due Sept 1, 2021. Apply online at Jobs at UW under job number 234982.
Search committee members:
- Laura Hernandez, associate professor of animal and dairy sciences (committee chair)
- Tom Browne, senior assistant dean, CALS office of academic affairs
- Claudia Calderon, associate faculty associate, department of horticulture
- LaVar Charleston, associate dean for equity, diversity and inclusion at UW–Madison’s School of Education and incoming UW–Madison chief diversity officer
- Giselle Monette, undergraduate student
- Bret Payseur, professor of genetics
- Virginia Pszczolkowski, graduate student
- Douglas Reinemann, associate dean for extension and outreach, professor of biological systems engineering
- Julie Scharm, administrative program specialist, office of the dean and director
- Kalyanna Williams, alumna
- Michael Xenos, professor of life sciences communications