COVID policies for events at CALS Ag Research Stations
The policies for events conducted at CALS ARS facilities will generally follow the Madison campus guidelines effective Monday, May 10. Differences with campus guidelines are indicated in bold type below:
- Guests and visitors will be allowed to attend UW–Madison sponsored events at CALS ARS without green/building access granted Badger Badge status. ARS superintendents may limit visitor access to certain facilities or locations to protect animal care staff and animals. Event sponsors should submit a plan for the event to the ARS superintendent for discussion and approval.
- Gathering/event size guidelines will be updated to follow the most current Public Health Madison & Dane County (PHMDC) Emergency Order. This guidance is likely to change over time and will be updated. The current PHMDC Order #15 guidelines are:
- A gathering inside where food or drink is offered or provided is limited to one hundred fifty (150) individuals or less, not including employees. A gathering inside where food or drink is not offered or provided is limited to three hundred fifty (350) individuals or less, not including employees. Numbers may be more limited for some ARS events, not to exceed 50% of the building capacity, to ensure individuals who are not members of the same household or living unit can maintain six (6) feet physical distancing at all times.
- For outside gatherings, numbers must be limited to ensure individuals who are not members of the same household or living unit maintain six (6) feet physical distancing at all times. Event organizers should communicate with ARS station superintendents to determine outdoor event capacity, depending on the ARS locations and plans to manage visitor density and movement.
- Food or drink will be allowed. All food and beverage provided at events must be either commercially pre-packaged/individually packaged or served by university catering staff. If food is provided by a restaurant or catering company not affiliated with the university, it must be provided in single-serve packaging.
- Face coverings will be required for all indoor gatherings, except when eating or drinking. Face coverings will not be required for outdoor gatherings if physical distancing can be maintained.
- Third-party events (events not sponsored by the university) will not be allowed.