CALS Academic Affairs is facilitating the CALS Academic Planning Council (APC) nominations and elections on behalf of the Dean’s office. We are soliciting nominations for one academic staff member to serve on CALS APC beginning in the fall of 2021 for a three year term. In 2021-2022, CALS APC meetings will occur on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. The Academic Planning Council plays a crucial role in the College and advises the Dean of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences on:
- Developing strategic and long-range plans
- College program reviews and future development or contraction of academic programs
- Factors relevant to the capacity of the College to fulfill its mission
- Budgetary planning and resource allocation
- Policies related to responsibilities of the departments, centers, institutes and the College for instruction, research, and public service
- Diversity initiatives to ensure excellence in education, research and outreach
More information about the APC can be found at http://apc.cals.wisc.edu/
Nominations for academic staff may be made by any member of the academic staff. Academic staff nominees must be in CALS with a 50% or more appointment. Please confirm the willingness of nominees to serve in the position and their ability to attend APC meetings before making the nomination. View the nomination form.
Completed forms should be signed and returned by April 26, 2021 to Sarah Barber, firstname.lastname@example.org.