The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period ends this week on Friday, October 23rd, 2020. ABE is your annual opportunity to enroll in or make changes to most of your benefits.
Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2021. Watch this video for a quick overview of benefit changes for 2021.
- Review your current benefit enrollments.
- Visit the ABE website for the 2021 benefit plan changes.
- Consider attending Virtual Benefit Sessions. Information can be found on the ABE website.
- Use ALEX, your online personalized benefits counselor, to help with your ABE decisions. ALEX walks you through your options and suggests benefit plans based on your answers to a series of questions. Information can be found on the ABE website.
- The following plans require that you enroll each year to participate. If you would like to participate in any of the following plans, you will need to enroll/re-enroll through Self Service:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, Dependent Day Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA) is required if you enroll in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive
- Do you want to enroll or make changes to your medical, dental or vision coverage?
- Do you want to contribute pre-tax dollars to help pay for medical, dental, vision and/or dependent day care out-of-pocket expenses?
Make your 2021 benefits elections using Self Service via the MyUW portal. All enrollments and changes must be completed by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020.
For more information on benefit plans, premiums and how to enroll, visit the ABE website.