The Dairy Innovation Hub, which the state of Wisconsin is supporting to the tune of $7.8 million per year, harnesses research and development at UW–Madison, UW–Platteville and UW–River Falls campuses to keep Wisconsin’s $45.6 billion dairy community at the global forefront in producing nutritious dairy products in an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable manner.
This RFP contains two opportunities for graduate student assistantships:
1. Graduate student assistantships in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) beginning summer or fall of 2021 and continuing for two years.
2. Collaboratively mentored graduate student assistantships between UW–Madison and UW-River Falls and/or UW-Platteville beginning summer or fall of 2021 and continuing for two years. This call is intended to fund an undergraduate student from UW-Platteville or UW-River Falls to attend graduate school at UW-Madison in a project where they will be co-mentored by a PI from their home institution and a PI at Madison.
Innovative and impactful projects within one of the four priority areas of the Hub will be considered:
- Steward Land and Water Resources
- Enrich Human Health and Nutrition
- Ensure Animal health and Welfare
- Grow Farm Businesses and Communities
Proposals from both categories are due Friday June 12, 2020 and award decisions will be made by Aug. 3, 2020.
Contact Maria Woldt, email@example.com or (608) 265-4009