The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) has selected the 2020-21 graduate fellowship recipients. The College would like to thank the donors for making these awards possible and the selection committees that reviewed the nominations.
The Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association established the Wisconsin Potato Industry Board Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowship to support a graduate student who demonstrates excellence in research in the areas of ground water resources or potato research. The recipient of the 2020-21 award is:
- Zachary Cohen, Department of Entomology Graduate Program, Major Advisor – Sean Schoville, Department of Entomology
The estate of Elsa Thomsen established the Louis and Elsa Thomsen Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships to support graduate students who demonstrate excellence in research. Four fellowships will be awarded for 2020-21. The recipients are:
- Evan Glasgow, Integrated Program in Biochemistry, Major Advisor – Brian Fox, Department of Biochemistry
- Kristopher Kieft, Microbiology Doctoral Training Program, Major Advisor – Karthik Anantharaman, Department of Bacteriology
- Jesse Sheftel, Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Nutritional Sciences, Major Advisor – Sherry Tanumihardjo, Department of Nutritional Sciences
- Jaimie West, Soil Science Graduate Program, Major Advisor – Thea Whitman, Department of Soil Science
Jack & Marion Goetz established the Jack & Marion Goetz Graduate Fellowship in Agricultural & Life Sciences to support excellence in graduate student research with emphasis on genetics and general environmental research at the agricultural research stations. The recipient of the 2020-21 award is:
- Madison Cox – Microbiology Doctoral Training Program, Major Advisor – Garret Suen, Department of Bacteriology
Congratulations to all of the recipients of these CALS awards.