The Badger Talks program is looking for experts to join their roster of more than 300 faculty and staff who give talks locally around the state throughout the year. This is an opportunity to support the Wisconsin Idea in action, and share your knowledge and experiences with others around the state through Badger Talks. Feel free to view and share this Badger Talks recruitment poster.
What are the benefits of Badger Talks?
- We will coordinate logistics of your talk events
- We cover your travel expenses (within university guidelines), including hotel, mileage and meals
- You do not have to accept every talk request and temporary leave/sabbatical is permissible
- You can let us know the type of groups you would like to engage with, as well as any limits in terms of geographic location
- While Badger Talks does not currently offer stipends to its speakers, you are welcome to accept stipends as arranged directly between you and the host group
A program of UW Connects statewide outreach, Badger Talks facilitates face-to-face connection between the people of Wisconsin and their flagship state university. With over 200 Badger Talks around the state each year, speakers can connect with all types of audiences – from schools and libraries to businesses and civic groups. As a Badger Talks speaker, you will have a profile on our public website (see example here) where groups will have an opportunity to invite you to their event. Connecting with citizens of our state could not be easier! Other perks of membership with Badger Talks include the opportunity to earn great UW swag based on number of events completed, and invitations to fun networking events celebrating state outreach successes.
To indicate your interest in serving as a Badger Talks speaker, please register in the next 14 days using this online system. From there, we will add you to our website and internal software systems so we can begin connecting you with relevant requests.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for your consideration and we hope to hear from you soon. On, Wisconsin!
Assistant Director of Outreach Programs
University of Wisconsin-Madison
firstname.lastname@example.org | 608-263-1729