The CALS community is invited to attend a panel discussion about food justice, titled “Whose Food, Whose Land? — a conversation on global food sovereignty.” The event will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 12, from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., in the DeLuca Room of the Discovery Building. There will be a reception following the event.
The panelists are:
- Mpumelelo Ncwadi, M.Phil., from South Africa’s Vus’umhlaba Coalition and the Eastern Cape Rural Development Agency
- Professor Mariaelena Huambachano, from UW-Madison’s School of Human Ecology
- Professor Monica White, from UW-Madison’s Department of Community and Environmental Sociology and the Nelson Institute
- Dr. Sarah Lloyd, from the Wisconsin Farmer’s Union
- Dan Cornelius, Esq., from the Intertribal Agriculture Council
This event is the annual Archibald Haller lecture of the Department of Community and Environmental Sociology, and is co-sponsored by the Global Health Institute and the Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems.