Faculty are invited to register for a four-part mentoring seminar titled “Research Mentoring Seminar: Cultivating Effective, Culturally Responsive Mentoring” sponsored by WISCIENCE and the DELTA program.
Seminar description: Mentor development can make the difference between a mutually beneficial and productive mentoring relationship and one that is draining for the mentor and discouraging for the mentee. This seminar offers research-based materials paired with just-in-time support for common mentoring situations and potential challenges.
- Explore mentoring strategies through case studies, discussions, readings
- Compare mentor and mentee goals and get on the same page
- Learn helpful time-management strategies
- Discuss mentoring issues as they come up
- Collaborate and problem-solve with a group of peers
- Reflect on your mentoring philosophy
Upcoming sessions run on Tuesdays 9:00-11:00 a.m. on Nov. 12, Nov. 19, Jan. 7, and Jan. 14. Please note that attendance at all four sessions is expected.
Please register here by Oct. 31.
Note: This seminar is open to faculty only. Research mentoring seminars for graduate students and postdocs also available separately.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Jessica Maher (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.