This is a friendly reminder that Fall 2017 Academic Staff Professional Development Grant applications for Spring 2018 activities are due to CALS Human Resources on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017.
General UW information about the grant program was recently emailed to all academic staff by Jake Smith, Deputy Secretary of the Academic Staff. Smith’s message is posted below the following CALS-specific information:
Submission information, deadlines and important links follow:
Please complete the online application and attach the appropriate documents in PDF format. Academic staff are to submit the online application to department chair/director. At that point if approved, department chairs/directors should route to Dawn Wagner for collection via the electronic process. Dawn will be logging and providing the applications to the CALS Committee on Academic Staff (CASI) for review prior to the campus deadline.
- Oct. 20, 2017 – Online Proposal Submitted Electronically to department chair/unit head
- Oct. 27, 2017 – Department chairs and unit heads electronically approve proposals
- Nov. 10, 2017 – School/College/Division Dean/Director electronically approves proposal
Please visit http://acstaff.wisc.edu/professional-development/grants/academic-staff-professional-development-grants for further information.
The electronic submission system is available at: https://apps.ohr.wisc.edu/staffdev/
Message from Jake Smith:
Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2017 Academic Staff Professional Development Grant program. The program is offered to academic staff members who meet the eligibility requirements and hold at least a 50 percent appointment. Grants are for activities beginning Jan. 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018.
Brown Bag Sessions
- Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017, noon – 1 p.m., Union South (check TITU)
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2017, noon – 1 p.m., 1345 Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC)
Deadline to Submit Application
- Friday, Oct. 20, 2017 – Applicant electronically submits completed application to department chair/unit head
Please visit acstaff.wisc.edu/professional-development/grants/academic-staff-professional-development-grants for documentation and for further information. If you have any questions, please contact Jake Smith, Deputy Secretary of the Academic Staff, at 263-2985 or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Heather Daniels at 263-1011 or email@example.com.This entry was posted in Human Resources, Workplace and tagged Human Resources by Ben. Bookmark the permalink.