The UW-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards acknowledge and honor women of color among UW-Madison faculty, staff, students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) and in the Greater Madison community, who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations;
- community service;
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society; and
- community building on- or off campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
How to nominate:
Prepare a nomination packet to include the following:
- A Letter of Nomination
- Two additional letters of support from the Nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member)
- The Nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
- A photo of the nominee if available
Nominations are due by Friday, Sept. 15, 2017. Send the nomination packet in print or electronic format (preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or send to:
A selection committee comprising students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards. A complete list of previous UW-Madison and UW System Awardees can be found here.
UW-Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2017 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Nov. 7, 2017. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held at this year’s celebratory event on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2018, hosted by the Office of the Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer.