The UW-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards acknowledge and honor women of color among UW-Madison faculty, staff, students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) and in the Greater Madison community, who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations;
- community service;
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society; and
- community building on- or off campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
How to nominate:
Prepare a nomination packet to include the following:
- A Letter of Nomination
- Two additional letters of support from the Nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member)
- The Nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
- A photo of the nominee if available
Nominations are due by Friday, Sept. 15, 2017. Send the nomination packet in print or electronic format (preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or send to:
A selection committee comprising students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards. A complete list of previous UW-Madison and UW System Awardees can be found here.
UW-Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2017 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Nov. 7, 2017. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held at this year’s celebratory event on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2018, hosted by the Office of the Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer.This entry was posted in Calls to nominate and tagged diversity by Ben. Bookmark the permalink.