The Vilas Life Cycle Professorship Program will provide research support during 2016-17. The Vilas Life Cycle Professorships provide funds to faculty and non-emeritus permanent PIs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who are at critical junctures in their professional careers and whose research productivity has been directly affected by personal events (e.g., illness of a dependent, parent, spouse/partner, or oneself; complications from childbirth; combination of major life events.)
Eligibility and Application Information
These funds are available to faculty and academic staff with permanent PI status at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. All faculty and permanent PIs are eligible, regardless of discipline or gender. Applications should at minimum address four main points:
1. Why is this a critical juncture in your career?
2. What is the life event you are experiencing, and how has it affected your research progress?
3. How will the requested funds help you through the crisis and enhance your research program?
4. What are the costs/consequences of not receiving the funding?
Awards are capped at $40,000. The award period is one year. Awards made during this round of funding must begin before December 31, 2016. Awardees must agree to submit a report of activities upon completion of the Professorship period and participate in evaluation efforts for the program.
The Vilas Life Cycle Professorships will be administered through the Women in Science & Engineering Leadership Institute (WISELI) and the Office of the Provost. Applications will remain confidential within the review committee . Graduate School Research Committees will review expenditures for awards, but will not have access to applications. Because critical life events cannot, in many cases, be planned for in advance, deadlines for submission of applications will occur three times a year. In 2016, the deadlines are:
* May 27, 2016 (for awards beginning before December 31, 2017)
* September 30, 2016 (for awards beginning before February 1, 2017)
* December 30, 2016 (for awards beginning before June 1, 2017)
For More InformationFunding Opportunities by . Bookmark the permalink.