The UW is seeking cool science photos for the 2016 Cool Science Image Contest.
The contest is only open to the UW-Madison community. Faculty, staff and any currently enrolled UW-Madison students are eligible. Individuals or teams may enter. Contest submissions will be accepted until Monday, Mar. 7.
Images can depict an object or phenomenon from any discipline. Images will be judged on aesthetic and informational qualities. Images will be accepted in any medium, such as, but not limited to:
- Photography (astronomy, nature, etc.)
- Animations and (short) videos
- Medical imaging
- Photography of your own 3D printing
To enter the contest, complete an application form and upload your image to: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bkCtnsF7yxIUMrX
This article includes additional details: http://news.wisc.edu/2016-cool-science-image-contest/
What you could win:
- A published image! Winning entries are featured in slide shows on UW-Madison and select external webs sites and venues.
- A valuable prize! Winners will receive a $100 Downtown Madison gift certificate (one per winning image).
- A large format print! Winners receive a large format print courtesy of DoIT’s Digital Publishing and Printing Services.
- Winning images will also be displayed in a fall semester exhibit at the McPherson Eye Research Institute’s Mandelbaum and Albert Vision Gallery.
Three winning entries came from CALS labs last year. Let’s have another great showing in the 2016 contest!This entry was posted in Highlights by shibtester. Bookmark the permalink.