The Wisconsin Coastal Management Program (WCMP) is seeking proposals to enhance, preserve, protect and restore resources within the state’s coastal zone – all counties adjacent to Lakes Superior and Michigan, with their nearly 1000 miles of shoreline. We anticipate awarding approximately $1.5 million in grant funding.
WCMP Grants are available for coastal wetland protection and habitat restoration, nonpoint source pollution control, coastal resource and community planning, Great Lakes education, public access and historic preservation. Applications are due November 2, 2015.
Applicants are encouraged to contact WCMP staff early to discuss ideas for project proposals and application requirements. When developing proposals, please pay close attention to the following items:
- Application materials and the Request for Proposals are available on the WCMP website: http://coastal.wisconsin.gov
- There is a cost-share requirement for all projects. Matching funds must be from non-federal sources, and may be in the form of in-kind contributions.
- For habitat restoration and construction projects, be sure to include copies of all required permits or permit applications and title documentation with the application materials.
- For all projects, be sure to include copies of required documentation and letters of support.
We have scheduled three informational workshops to discuss the grant application process and funding priorities. We look forward to seeing you at one of these workshops. If you have questions, please call WCMP at (608) 267-7982. The meeting dates and locations are as follows:
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 1:30 p.m., Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, 29270 County Highway G, Ashland
- Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 1:30 p.m., Port of Milwaukee, 2323 S. Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee
- Thursday, September 10, 2015, 1:30 p.m., Neville Public Museum, 210 Museum Place, Green Bay