Members of the CALS community are invited to attend the upcoming Farm to Flavor tasting event on Thursday Oct. 29. The event, which features the efforts of participatory plant breeding projects in Wisconsin, is co-organized by Julie Dawson’s Horticulture and Urban & Regional Food Systems program and Slow Food UW.
At this showcase of co-created Wisconsin cuisine, attendees will:
- Hear briefly from a pioneer of participatory plant breeding, Salvatore Ceccarelli. He’ll talk about the way collaborative breeding can produce varieties that make organic farming more productive and profitable.
- Meet the breeders, farmers, and chefs involved in participatory plant breeding projects around Madison.
- Enjoy small plates featuring Wisconsin-bred varieties from:
- Jonny Hunter – Underground Food Collective
- Tory Miller – l’Etoile, Graze, Sujeo, Estrellon
- Dan Bonanno – A Pig in a Fur Coat
- Eric Benedict – Cafe Hollander
The tasting will be held at The Crossing on University Avenue at 5:30pm on Thursday 10/29. Tickets are $25, and all of the details are in this Farm_to_Flavor_flyer. Info and tickets are also available on this Facebook event page.This entry was posted in Events and tagged horticulture by Nicole. Bookmark the permalink.