The WAES call for proposals is generally released during the summer with a proposal deadline in the beginning of September. Funding decisions are announced between December and January, annually. Projects begin October 1st the following year.
FY 2017 Call for Proposals
New/Important this year:
This year’s call for proposals has been significantly revised to improve clarity and align proposal format with that of major federal agencies. We hope you find these changes helpful. Questions and comments about the new format should be directed to Casey Hillmer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hatch Projects (individual investigator, multidisciplinary, and multistate)
Funding Period: FY 2017 (October 1, 2016- September 30, 2017)
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 4, 2015, by 4:30 p.m.
Submit proposals to the CALS Research Division Office via WISPER. Requests for deadline extensions will not be granted.
- Proposals received after 4:30pm on September 4, 2015 will not be considered.
- Proposals must be submitted via the WISPER system.
- Proposals must include all approvals (Chair/Administrator/Co-PIs) in order to be considered.
- Attachments to the WISPER record must include budget worksheet, as well as a full proposal.
NOTE: The budget worksheet now includes a timeline component. This additional tab in the budget worksheet document must be completed in order for proposals to be considered.
- Document type selected must be “Hatch”
- Proposals must be routed to Casey Hillmer.
Review Schedule: October-November 2015
Funding Decisions Announced: December 2015 – January 2016
- FY17 Call for Proposals (full call document)
- Proposal Cover Page & Worksheets for Project Budgets (MS Excel spreadsheet)
See the Budget Worksheet Guide for additional information on completing this document.
If you are using a Mac – once changes have been made to the Excel spreadsheet, save it as an MS Excel Workbook (File > Save As > MS Excel Workbook)