Ever been to UW–Madison Day at the Wisconsin State Fair? Set for Wednesday, Aug. 6 this year, it’s a wonderful chance to celebrate the spirit and tradition of UW–Madison!
The event takes place at the fairground’s Central Park area, where there will be something for everyone. The CALS Corner, for instance, will feature hands-on activities related to cheese making, pollinators, vegetables, lawn care, leaf cutter ants and – of course – miniature golf through a giant wheel of cheese.
Other highlights include:
- Try hands-on science activities at more than twenty UW “Exploration Stations”, watch exciting demonstrations and discover something new.
- Test your athletic skills at UW Badger games and activities, and get your picture taken with UW–Madison’s recent championship trophies like the coveted Paul Bunyan axe.
- Attend a demonstration with the experts on the art of making cheese. Be sure to get your cheese sample too!
- Connect with specialists to answer grass and lawn care questions and learn from the experts on a whole cornucopia of fruits and vegetables.
- Tour the restored and re-engineered Bucky Wagon from the College of Engineering.
- The Wonders of Physics come alive through an entertaining presentation looking at the properties of motion, heat, sound, electricity, magnetism and light!
- UW Admissions staff will be on hand to answer questions about UW–Madison, as well as provide chances to win some prizes.
- Show your Badger pride at our Pep Rally featuring Bucky Badger and the world-famous UW Marching Band.
Don’t forget to bring a donation for the school supplies drive to receive a $4 adult discount voucher.This entry was posted in Events by email@example.com. Bookmark the permalink.