I am pleased to announce the 23rd year of the UW-Madison Academic Staff Excellence Awards (deadline January 6th). This year we will honor nine extraordinary people for achievement in seven categories. Recipients of the UW-Madison Academic Staff Excellence Awards will be named in March and honored at the Academic Staff Assembly meeting and an awards ceremony, both in April.
We are most grateful to the Wisconsin Alumni Association, and to emeritus academic staff members Martha Casey, Ann Wallace and Carroll (and the late Robert) Heideman for their continued sponsorship of these awards. I would also like to thank the Academic Staff Assembly’s Professional Development and Recognition Committee for coordinating the awards process.
In addition to the UW-Madison awards, the UW System Awards (deadline December 6th) will honor academic staff in five categories. Recipients of the Regents Awards will be invited to an awards ceremony with the Board of Regents in late spring. The Alliant Energy Underkofler Excellence in Teaching Award recipients will be honored in fall 2014.
I strongly urge you to participate in these fine programs by forwarding nominations for those academic staff who exemplify the sustained excellence, outstanding achievement, and creative initiative that characterizes this world-renowned university.
Nomination guidelines and cover pages for all awards can be found at: http://acstaff.wisc.edu/awards.htm. Nomination materials for all awards (including UW-System and Regents awards) should be submitted electronically in PDF format. Please note that there are separate deadlines for each set of awards. These are shown below. The submission URL is: https://apps.ohr.wisc.edu/staffdev
The deadlines listed below are firm. Follow the submission instructions for each separate award carefully. If you have questions regarding the awards, please contact Heather Daniels at 263-1011, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW-MADISON ACADEMIC STAFF EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Deadline: January 6, 2014
- Chancellor’s Hilldale Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Research (two awards
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Service to the University
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Awards for Excellence in Leadership (two awards)
- Robert and Carroll Heideman Award for Excellence in Public Service and Outreach
- Martha Casey Award for Dedicated Service to the University
- Ann Wallace Career Achievement Award
Deadline: December 6, 2013
- Academic Staff Regents Award for Program Excellence
- Academic Staff Regents Award for Individual Excellence
- Alliant Energy Underkofler Excellence in Teaching Award
- Regents Teaching Excellence Award for a Program or Department
- Regents Teaching Excellence Award for an Individual
Chancellor Rebecca Blank