The search is open for a new CALS Senior Associate Dean. Birl Lowery, who has held the position for the past two years, will be stepping down from his post on June 30 to return to his department prior to retiring at the end of this year. The position vacancy listing is available here. The position will be posted for four weeks.
The search committee (listed below) would like to hear input from CALS faculty and staff in form of answers to the following questions:
- What qualities and attributes do you feel are most important for the new Senior Associate Dean in CALS?
- What do you think the biggest college and campus-wide challenges will be for the new Senior Associate Dean in the coming years?
- Would you like to make a nomination of an individual to the search committee and have the search committee follow up with that person? (If you’d prefer to reply to this question via telephone, please feel free to contact Irwin Goldman directly at 262-1624).
Please email responses to Dawn Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Crenshaw, Animal Science
- Mike Culbertson, Genetics
- Irwin Goldman, Horticulture
- Paul Jelle, CALS administration
- Denise Ney, Nutritional Sciences
- Debbie Schiess, CALS Undergraduate Programs and Services
- Steve Stern, Office of the Provost
- Heidi Zoerb, CALS External Relations
- Dawn Wagner, CALS administration