The CALS Research Division has released a call for proposals for its annual Hatch and McIntire-Stennis capital exercise. The full call and request form are available from: http://www.cals.wisc.edu/waes/capex.html
Requests are due by Friday, January 4, 2013.
Requests should be made using the form provided at the link above and submitted via email to Casey Hillmer firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Hatch and McIntire-Stennis capital exercise is an opportunity to fund requests for major items used to support these research programs, per the following guidelines:
- Requested items must directly benefit Hatch or McIntire-Stennis project research.
- Multiple-user equipment benefiting several investigators receives priority consideration.
- No office/administrative equipment can be purchased in this exercise.
- Requests for standard desktop/laptop computers receive low priority.
- Equipment costing less than $5,000 will be considered, even though these items fall into the “Supplies and Expenses” category, as defined by campus.
- Projects ending during FY2013 (9/30/13) are eligible for this exercise, but projects beginning during FY2014 (10/1/2013) are not.
- At least 50% matching from a non-142 project is required for all requested items.