What is development? How can my department encourage prospective donors? What is stewardship? Does a thank-you letter or a newsletter really make that much difference? Whether you’re a department chair, director, faculty member or administrator, the University of Wisconsin Foundation answers your questions about development and stewardship at its Winter Stewardship Workshop on Thursday, January 12. (Registration at 8 a.m., program from 8:30–noon.
Please join us for this free workshop that will give you the tools, confidence and inspiration to develop lasting, mutually rewarding relationships with your donors. You’ll learn about the cycle of development, from initial contact to thank-you letters and beyond. You’ll also be introduced to how the UW Foundation stewards your funds.
Here’s the program:
- “An Overview of the University of Wisconsin Foundation and its Mission” – Michael M. Knetter, president and chief executive officer
- “Approaching Development” – Marje Murray, director of development, Medical Advancement Group
- “Stewarding Your Donors” – Susan Teskey, director of stewardship
- “Basics of UW Foundation Finance and Investments” – Jennifer DeKrey, chief financial officer; David Golden, investment analyst
- “What Inspires Donors?” – A panel of donors will discuss how they make philanthropic decisions.
The workshop will be held in the second-floor Wilcox Conference Room at the UW Foundation, 1848 University Avenue.
Register Now. Contact Stewardship Specialist Timeka Rumph at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. RSVP deadline: January 9, 2012
These workshops are offered every August and January. If you have previously attended a stewardship workshop and know someone who might benefit from this session and may not have received this email, please forward the information. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to working with you.
Director of Stewardship
University of Wisconsin Foundation