Registration is still open for the 2011 Academic Staff Institute. The event takes place Friday, February 25 from 7:45 a.m.—1 p.m. at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club.
Some sessions in this year’s institute will include:
- Best Practices in Performance Review
- A Panel of Local Education Reporters
- Knowing your Academic Staff Rights
- Workplace Relaxation
- The State Budget Process
- A Historical Perspective of Academic Staff Governance
- Charles Pruitt, President of the UW Board of Regents, will give the keynote: A Bird’s-eye View: Public Higher Education in Wisconsin from the View of a Board of Regent
Participants may attend three sessions of their choice. The cost to attend this event is only $20 and includes a breakfast buffet and luncheon (vegetarian entrees will be available). If you are planning to join MASA, your registration fee, paid with personal funds, for the Academic Staff Institute will be refunded once a new membership application has been received by the MASA membership coordinator.
Space is limited! Don’t wait to sign up! Registration deadline is February 18, 2011
This event is sponsored by: Madison Academic Staff Association (MASA), Office of the Provost, Academic Staff Executive Committee (ASEC), Academic Staff Professional Development and Recognition Committee (PDRC) and Office of Human Resource Development (OHRD)This entry was posted in Workplace by . Bookmark the permalink.