Facing a $1 million annual budget deficit, our department is asking for your input during upcoming open forums. The goal of these forums is to identify changes that will begin to remedy the existing financial situation and position our department to meet the needs of our customers now and in the future. Just a few of the programmatic changes that we are evaluating include:
- Charging for a portion of the employee bus pass
- Offering evening permit options
- Increasing control of departmental permits
Whether you drive, walk, bike, bus, carpool or vanpool to campus, the programs and services administered by UW Transportation Services impact you. Please attend one of the following forums so that we may hear and consider your perspective as we review possible solutions.
Open Forum Dates and Locations:
- Tuesday, April 20, 4 – 6 PM – Memorial Union, 800 Langdon St. (Check Today In The Union for room info)
- Wednesday, May 5, 11 AM – 1PM – Ebling Symposium Center, Microbial Sciences Building, 1550 Linden Dr.
- Thursday, May 6, 11 AM – 1 PM – Multipurpose Room, University Square, 333 East Campus Mall
- Tuesday, May 25, 9 AM – 11 AM – Room 1335 Health Sciences Learning Center, 750 Highland Avenue
Can’t Attend an Open Forum? Looking for more information? Visit our Open Forum webpage at www.wisc.edu/trans/openforums.asp. You’ll find the open forum presentation as well as options to provide feedback.
Thank you for taking the time to help shape the future of parking and transportation at UW-Madison!
UW Transportation ServicesThis entry was posted in Highlights, Workplace by . Bookmark the permalink.