Alpharma Inc., Animal Health announces the return of their Student Video Contest this fall. Bring agriculture to life by creating a video that demonstrates current agriculture issues and/or the role of modern agriculture in American society. A team from CALS won this contest a year ago.
The videos are judged on creativity and quality, so Alpharma encourages students to contact their journalism and communications departments for additional creative perspective and media resources.
The student video contest consists of three main steps:
- Students submit an unlimited number of farm-related clips to the contest Web site. Simply go to www.reachteachlearn.com and click on the Video Contest tab. A list of suggested video clips is available on the contest Web site. As the contest sponsor, Alpharma will award participants a $25 gift card for each usable clip submitted, with a limit of 10 gift cards per person.
- Participants can compile their own video using segments chosen from the contest Web site and any other source of media available to them.
- A voting process in which everyone may cast a vote for their favorite video. The contest concludes with the top video producers winning $5,000, $2,000 and $1,000 cash prizes, 1st through 3rd respectively, courtesy of Alpharma. Winning contest videos will also be posted on the contest Web site and YouTube.
Get ready to show your passion for agriculture! This is an exciting opportunity for you to inform consumers about agriculture, have some fun and maybe even win a little cash. Also, get excited for next spring, because Alpharma’s next contest will be a multimedia advertising campaign, where agriculture and journalism students will work together to utilize their creativity and passion for agriculture in creating their own campaigns. For more contest information and to view last year’s winners, please visit www.reachteachlearn.com.
2009 Contest Dates:
- September 8 – October 9: Submit video clips online
- October 12 – November 23: Create your video entry using clips made available at the video contest tab at www.reachteachlearn.com plus any other media resources you can access.
- November 30 – December 28: Vote early and vote often to select the winning entry.
- January 4: Winners Announced!