The UW-Madison, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and several federal agencies have web sites with information about swine flu:
- UW-Madison: www.news.wisc.edu/flu
- DOA: pandemic.wisconsin.gov
- American Public Health Association: www.getreadyforflu.org/preparedness/influenza_main.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/swineflu/investigation.htm
- World Health Organization: www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/en/index.html).
The following advice is from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services:
It is important that everyone remain calm, use common sense and continue simple good health practices like washing your hands. Swine influenza viruses are not transmitted by food.
If you have flu-like symptoms, stay at home and contact your physician. Symptoms include:
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Respiratory congestion
- And in some cases, diarrhea and vomiting